Mission is at the heart of everything we do. Our focus is on prayerful support that leads to practical help. We also seek to have a personal relationship with our Mission Partners.
For us, mission encompasses not only our adult, youth and children’s groups such as our Lunch Club and Messy Church but a number of Mission Partners both at home and abroad.
Click the Tabs below to find out more about our Mission Partners or join in with our Weekly Prayer Diary.
In partnership with the Elim Connect Centre in Wells, the Dairy House at Manor Farm in Stratton-on-the-Fosse provides accommodation for Rough Sleepers in the Mendips on their journey to sustainable accommodation.
The farm also facilitates a market garden, run by the residents and volunteers via Root Connections CIC, a Community Interest Company, and all profits are directed to the Dairy House to help deliver a sustainable future for the project.
During the current situation, you can still order a Veg Box from Root Connections and have it delivered. Please visit their website for the details.
The Church Mission Society believes every Christian – and ultimately every person – is called to join in God’s mission and has the potential to bring challenge, change, hope and freedom to the world. We all have a part to play.
At St. Vigor’s and St. John’s, we support our CMS Partners Audrey and Colin Gibson in The Lebanon.
Click here to find out more about their work.
Youth With A Mission is a global movement of Christians from many cultures, age groups, and Christian traditions, dedicated to serving Jesus throughout the world. Also known as YWAM (pronounced “WHY-wham”), they unite in a common purpose to know God and to make Him known.
At St. Vigor’s and St. John’s we support one of our members, Hannah, who is working with the Communications Team at YWAM’s University of the Nations in Kona, Hawaii.
- 22nd May 2020: Support The Leprosy Mission and their work at Chandkhuri Hospital.
- 30th April 2020: Read Audrey & Colin’s latest Notes from The Lebanon here.
- 8th April 2020: Support our Mission Partner – Root Connections.
- 20th March 2020: Due to Coronavirus, our monthly Mission Prayer Group meetings in St. John’s Church Hall are cancelled until further notice. However, our weekly Prayer Diary is continuing online.
- 29th February 2020: To celebrate the Leap Year 2020, we held a Quiz Night in aid of the Dairy House and Root Connections, who kindly donated their Veg Boxes to our collection of raffle prizes. Together we raised £343 – many thanks to everyone who supported us.
At St. Vigor’s and St. John’s we also support a number of other Mission Partners. Amongst these are The Leprosy Mission, Tearfund and Christian Aid.
We have supported The Leprosy Mission for over 50 years, ever since one of our members stumbled across a leper hiding in bushes and so began a lifelong personal commitment to the cause. Tearfund and Christian Aid are also long-established Mission Partners.
Click on the logos to find out more about them.