1. Download a free App to your phone: ‘Pray as you Go’ is Esther’s favourite for a 15-minute, daily reflection and bible reading.
2. Spend 5 minutes praying for the well-being of the group of people listed on the Benefice Monthly Prayer List for the day. Ask God to bless them.
3. Listen to some worship music. If you don’t own recorded music CDs, why not download a 3-month free trial of ‘Spotify’ to your phone or laptop or search for your favourite hymns and worship songs on YouTube. Amazon Prime members can also access music if they wish. Why not sing along?
4. Tune in to BBC’s Thought for the Day (R4 around 7.50 am) or Sunday Service (R4, 8 am)
5. Read your way through Luke’s Gospel: a chapter a day will give you plenty to think about!
6. #LiveLent: an app for your phone or mobile device. Sign up for free daily reflections downloaded to your phone.
7. Watch ‘Songs of Praise.’ BBC1, 22nd March 1.15 pm (also available on iplayer)
8. Say the Lord’s Prayer every time you wash your hands.
9. Make a note of something you are thankful for every day. Keep a notebook and illustrate it.
10. For those who would like a breath of fresh air, try one of our outdoor worship sheets courtesy of Blackburn Diocesan Board of Education
11. Subscribe to a daily Bible Reading guide (around £12 for a whole year) Esther has placed some back copies at the back of church for people to borrow if they would like to try one out.
12. Follow our Weekly Mission Prayer Diary – click here.
We hope you find these suggestions helpful.
If you come up with new ways to worship whilst we are unable to meet, why not share them? Let Esther know to include them in her next bulletin? firstname.lastname@example.org